Generations United 17th International Conference in Washington, DC
July 30, 2013 – August 2, 2013
Increase the return on your investment at the Generations United Conference
Monday, July 29, 2013
Site Visit for International Conference Attendees
While in the United States, take advantage of the opportunity to observe intergenerational programs and learn about creative solutions to community challenges.
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Sharing the Learning: International Perspectives on Intergenerational Work
Join us for a pre-conference seminar specifically focusing on international perspectives on intergenerational work.
Enjoy a day of sessions that will:
- Explore multicultural intergenerational programs and policy;
- Provide a forum for discussion on emerging trends, how to address community challenges and become a catalyst for social change;
- Examine program sustainability and infrastructure;
- Discuss the development of intergenerational approaches and practice;
- Provide a networking opportunity.
Wednesday, July 31 – Friday, August 2, 2013
Present at a workshop, roundtable or poster session. Download the Call for Proposals Guidelines and Submission Form at: http://www2.gu.org/RESOURCES/Conference.aspx. Deadline: December 1, 2012.
- Workshops: Lead an interactive hands-on session examining a highly innovative program or issue in intergenerational research, policies and practices. Plan on a 75-minute workshop, with at least two, and no more than four, speakers.
- Roundtables: Offer a brief presentation on lessons learned—from challenges that led you to revitalize your intergenerational work to details of successful program or policy practices you have implemented. Be prepared to deliver your presentation twice (25 minutes each time), to two different groups of participants.
- Poster Sessions: Showcase your presentation using a display board. Conference participants will move from one poster to another during these sessions and you will have an opportunity to speak to participants individually or in small groups.
Additional information on the site visit and pre-conference seminar will be available in the Generations United 17th International Conference Registration Brochure, available in early 2013.
Contact Leah Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to express your interest.